Companies will benefit many from the forklift hire in Sydney & NSW, whether for distribution or the retail industry. It can save a lot of money, especially on a short-term basis. With this, companies prefer to hire a forklift for the practical implications. A company hires the necessary attachments and parts such as:
- Side shifter
- Fork positioner
- Roll and barrel
- Carton attachments
There are several extras including a drum handler, slip sheet attachment, telescopic forks, and man basket. If your company needs to hire a forklift, there are various aspects needed consideration. You may speak to a forklift hire company to get ideas of the costs, involving the terms and conditions of the rental. To get you an accurate quotation, you have to provide exact details of the requirements.
Here are sample questions that you need to know the answers to to get the right quote you need:
- Ask several quotes on different forklifts; the makes and brands
- You must know what the requirements are before starting the search
- Know the maximum weight expected to lift by the forklift
- Workout on the figures how much willing to spend on the forklift hire beforehand
- Different types are used on forklifts, such as pneumatic and semi-pneumatic
- Knowing the company policy, such as the price to pay for repairs
- The period of use
- What extra services include in the price
Use the internet in search of a reliable forklift hire company. It allows you to get all the necessary information required and better puts you in the position to make realistic price comparisons.
Important safety rules
Workers must take part in the forklift hire. They must understand the safety rules to use the equipment, and receive proper training. The rules and regulations are not in place making life difficult to hinder work. They intend to keep bystanders and workers safe.
If you use the forklift incorrectly; all kinds of injuries and accidents may occur.
- Make sure that the forklift has a safe speed
- Never play around with the forklift hire inappropriately
- Use the seatbelt when operating the forklift
- Do not use a forklift for any purpose
- Judge the correct size and weight of the object before loading it into the equipment
- Ask workers if they have not worked with forklifts before taking them to operate
- Hire qualified operators to teach specific workers whom you won’t operate the forklift
Always make sure that the workers working on a forklift are protected from severe injury or death. This is the only way to make sure of safe and sound loading and unloading of objects of different sizes and weights. In this way, you are promoting a safe working environment and at the same time increasing productivity level.